Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

Review: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

After much anticipation for the newest addition to the Urban Decay Naked Collection, I had to get my hands on the Naked 3 palette when it launched in the UK. Since my friends know me so well, I received this gorgeous palette for my birthday a few weeks ago and it was by far one of the best presents I received.


I'd heard a lot about this palette and read quite a few reviews, as I was debating whether or not I really needed another Naked Palette, since I already own the first two. The thing that I first noticed about the shadows in the palette was how much more pink-based they were compared to the other palettes. The original and second palettes were very similar so I think the change in colour was one of the reasons I wanted the palette in the first place. However, the pink undertones also make the palette a little harder to work with than the first two palettes, as you can never go wrong with brown neutrals, but pink-ier shadows can be slightly more difficult. Generally, I think green eyes tend to look the best with pink-y toned shadows but I have actually loved the way these shadows have looked on my brown eyes. I would just advise that when using this palette to pair one of the more pink shadows with one of the more neutral shadows to keep the eyes from looking diseased.


I was very happy to see that Urban Decay had once again included a few matte shadows in the colours 'Limit' and 'Nooner' as I tend to find, as with all my Naked palettes, they make a great base shadow to bring together the other high-shimmer shadows. So far, I've used this palette for casual smokey eyes and everyday looks but, as always, there is a lovely variety of much darker colours toward the right side of the palette. My favourite shadow in the palette is the darkest shade, in the colour 'Blackheart' as it is almost identical to one of my favourite MAC shadows in the colour 'Beauty Marked'. Adding this colour to the outermost part of the eye would vamp up even the most innocent of makeup looks.


The palettes packaging was one of my favourite parts of the product, the beautiful rose gold case ties in perfectly with the pink-toned shadows and the indenting in the metal keeps it looking different and interesting. I definitely think Urban Decay made a good choice by sticking to the metal case from the second Naked palette. Though I loved the original felt packaging, I found the metal far more practical, especially when travelling. Like the second palette, the Naked 3 comes with another dual ended brush with a flat shader brush on one end and a dense, fluffy crease brush on the other. This, along with the huge mirror in the palette, makes it perfect for on the go makeup.


I'm extremely excited to use this palette more and I'm so happy and grateful to have received it. For someone who was just getting into makeup, I would probably recommend starting with the second of the three palettes as the colours are the easiest to work with and since the palettes are quite expensive, I think it's better to start with a safer colour palette, but if you want to try something a bit different without straying too far away from brown neutrals, then this palette would be absolutely perfect.

Frankie x

No comments:

Post a Comment