Pages

Friday 24 January 2014

Bobbi Brown Brush Cleaning Spray

I don't know about anyone else, but I really hate the tedious task of cleaning my makeup brushes. I don't know what it is but I just hate it, to the point that I will pretty much leave my brushes till they can no longer hold anymore shadow. I know that is probably very unhygienic but I am the worlds biggest procrastinator and taking two hours out of my day, to wash brushes, tends to go to the bottom of my priority list.
Last week I gave in and forced myself into cleaning my brushes, however, this time, I ditched my usual baby shampoo routine and tried out my mum's Bobbi Brown Cleaning Spray and I LOVED it. I hate to say it...but I enjoyed cleaning my brushes! It was just so quick and easy, and actually made my brushes look the cleanest they have been since I bought them! My MAC brushes were left their original colour and there was no real sign they had ever been used. Even the brushes that I use for cream shadows were completely makeup-free!


I often find the shape of my brushes can be altered after washing my brushes, but because of the spray formulation of this product, that wasn't a problem. I have tried other spray cleaners before, like the Sephora original cleaner, but I have never got as good a clean as the one from Bobbi Brown. To get the best results I recommend spraying the whole brush, then rubbing the head of the brush in circular motions on a clean towel...and voila! To do all my eye and face brushes, it took me no longer than twenty minutes and I'm actually quite excited to clean my brushes again! I will definitely be cleaning my brushes more frequently now that I have found a product that actually works and works quickly.
If anyone has tried the cleaner before, or has any other brush cleaning tips, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the topic.
Frankie x

No comments:

Post a Comment