Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

January Favourites

Between birthday gifts, January Sales and Christmas treats, I have had a lot of new products to try out this month. Some of the products I have included this month are actually just things I have had for a while, but happened to dig out when doing my makeup, over the past few weeks. 

 

1. MAC's Zoom Fast Black Lash - because I have been far too lazy to go out and buy a new mascara, I went back to one of my old favourites this month. I originally wasn't such a fan of this mascara, but since I have moved away from black eyeliner, recently, I have been loving how dramatic and black this product is. I'm not a big fan of fake lashes but I love mascaras that give a similar effect, especially with dark eye shadow, and I've found this one is perfect for that purpose.

2. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Damned' - I mentioned this lip product a while back, in another post, but I haven't stopped using it since I bought it, so I thought it deserved a mention! I think it is a beautiful colour for the colder months and is very easy to apply because of its pencil form, therefore making it great for on the go.

3. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - I couldn't have a favourites without mentioning this palette, since I've used it every time I've applied my makeup in these last few months! I was lucky enough to receive this from my friends and I've found it great for both everyday and sultry, smokey looks. I still can't bring myself to store it without the box, as the packaging is so gorgeous and I cannot thank my friends enough for getting it for me!

4. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks in 'Golden Bronze' and 'Golden Pink' - these were another birthday gift, but this time from my mum. She'd been raving about them for a while and thought I would also love them...she was right! They are great products for a fast makeup look and I usually apply them all over the lid, with a darker shadow in the crease - finish with some mascara and you're good to go!

5. MAC's 275 Angled Shading Brush - I've had this brush for a while, but because I usually stick to about three eye shadow brushes, I've never really tested it out before now. I found it great for creating a soft cat-eye with dark, brown shadow, which is something I like to do a lot to widen my, naturally small, eyes. By just bringing the darkest shadow in my crease out a little further, using this brush, it creates the illusion of much bigger, more open eyes.

6. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - I mentioned this product in my January sales haul and since I got it, I have used it every time I apply my makeup. I primarily focus my foundation underneath my eyes and this brush is great for blending out any product, in even the very inner corner of my eye. 

7. Moroccan Oil Original Treatment - I have actually used this product before, and love it, but I never seemed to get round to repurchasing it, so I stocked up when I did eventually buy another bottle. I would 100% recommend this to anyone with curly hair, like myself, as it's brilliant for adding shine to otherwise coarse hair. I would definitely advise incorporating this into your normal hair routine and combined with a frizz serum, I get much smoother, bouncy curls. 

8. Clarasonic Mia Sonic Cleansing System - I've had my Clarisonic for about two months now and I absolutely adore it. I can get quite lazy with my skincare but I have found that because this is so easy, I am much more inclined to do it and I have definitely noticed my skin getting brighter and fresher. I only like to use this once per day, any more and it would be too harsh on the skin, with my normal face wash. I tend to use it before bed to clean off any makeup that I have had on throughout the day. I am definitely going to be doing a full review and tips post in the next few weeks, so definitely look out for that, too.

I'd love to hear some of your January favourites and I hope you've all had a great month! 
Frankie x 


2 comments:

  1. Hey you have a lively blog..and awesome posts..I blog about makeup and beauty..I am following you too..I was hoping you could visit my blog someday and follow back..xxx
    Https://www.themakeupsaga.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete