Pages

Monday 2 December 2013

Winter Fashion - The Wool Coat

Coats are without a doubt my favourite item of clothing. They have the ability to take a t-shirt and jeans from an ordinary look to a sophisticated outfit. Each year I seem to obsess over different coats. Last year was the standard parka that was seen EVERYWHERE over the Autumn/Winter period. This year it is undoubtedly the wool blend coat. To say I have developed an obsession for these coats would be a colossal understatement. I love the androgynous feel to these beautiful peoples and unlike a lot of my favourite fashion picks, are especially practical for this time of year. I have watched in awe of countless people wearing these coats in the streets and I finally got my hands on one last week. Mine I didn't actually purchase myself, it was one of my mum's pieces from a few seasons ago but I have, unsurprisingly, fallen in love with it. The one I've got is a red piece from Alexander McQueen and obviously I don't usually have clothes from designers like this but as I said, it's second hand from my mum. I was intrigued by this coat for is colour and beautiful gold button detailing, the red felt wonderfully appropriate for the holiday season and adds a lovely pop of colour to my usual monochrome attire.My coat came on its first outing with me last weekend to go hunt for Christmas presents in London for my friends and family. I noticed many people sporting a variety of wool coats, but were all equally as fabulous. I'll take this opportunity to apologise to all the people I stared at that were wearing my favourite clothing item...I just really liked your outifts.

I've seen a fair few different pieces that I particularly liked, and a few people I thought wore them perfectly so I thought I'd share my thoughts with you all.


This Topshop find is a favourite of mine for its perfect combination of the woollen coat, with the hugely popular colour blocking trend. This coat would be a great throw-over piece to jazz up a graphic tee and jeans.


When I think of woollen coats, this is exactly what I think of. This classic design and cut is the essence of a winter coat. I mean, HOW can you not love this piece?


I couldn't help myself with this one, it's absolutely beautiful and is styled perfectly in this picture. Because of the overstated nature of this piece, a simple outfit would have to be paired with it, which is perfect for me since my favourite pieces of simple ones.


I'll start with the reason I first came across this picture in the first place, which is the model. I'm not sure who she is but she's all over the Free People website and I couldn't get over how beautiful she was, if I ever find out her name, I'll definitely be doing a post about her in the future. 
Back to coats...I couldn't believe how much I liked this coat when I first saw it. It's military and manly feel represents all the elements I love to feature in my own wardrobe and its knee-length cut makes it extremely edgy as well as flattering to all shapes.


If I can feature the beautiful Alexa Chung in something, you can almost guarantee I will, it's just a bonus she looks so fabulous in this coat. I think her pairing with a button down shirt and satchel gives off a school-boy like style and by adding some statement metallic shoes, Alexa created a gorgeous, fashion forward outfit.


Ginta Lapina is a perfect example of an off-duty model wearing my favourite coats. This Sandro piece works perfectly with the rest of her outfit and her red lip was a noticed touch as well.

I think you guys get the picture, I really, really, really like these coats. I just think they are so beautiful and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm so happy to finally have one in my wardrobe and I would highly recommending getting one, if nothing else, it would be an incredibly practical, staple piece to own. 

Frankie x


Instagram//Pinterest - frankieshalom

2 comments:

  1. This wool coat looks amazing! I just bought one of these from Burlington Coat Factory . They had a really great price on it. I saved about $50 on it by shopping there.

    ReplyDelete