Pages

Thursday 26 December 2013

New Years Makeup! - Red, Gold and Sparkly!

With December bringing the Christmas festivities, shops and houses are covered in sparkly Santas and glowing fairy lights and I'm always one to take inspiration from these when I'm doing my makeup. As I'm abroad for Christmas this year, I'll be sporting this makeup look for New Years and I think it would be perfect for any event this month. 
For the gold and sparkly part of my theme I wanted to create a sultry, gold smokey eye using colours that would be very easy to find. 
Starting out I applied the original Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the eye lid, brow bone and a little under the lower lash line. 
Next, I applied "Naked 2", from the Naked Basics Palette, all over my lid and in the crease, up to the brow bone. Using a pencil brush, I applied "Faint", using the same palette, into the outer 'V' of my eye. 


Now, going into the first Naked palette, I applied "Smog" with a blending brush over "Faint" and blending into my crease. With a flat shader brush I used "Half-Baked" onto my lid. Finishing with the palette I like to apply "Darkhorse" into the outer 'V' and using a pencil brush I like to blend it underneath my lower lash line.


To Finish the eye makeup, I'd apply a few coats of black mascara to the top and bottom lashes, after curling them with an eyelash curler.
To incorporate the red part I'd start by applying a dark red liner to prevent any of the colour running onto the skin. This will also help the lipstick stay on longer. Finishing off the look I applied a classic red lip stick all over my lips, I used "Ladybug" from MAC, using a lip brush will make this more precise.
I will, for sure, be wearing this on New Year's Eve and I hope everyone has a great New Years and an even better year ahead!
Frankie x 

Instagram//Pinterest - frankieshalom

No comments:

Post a Comment