Pages

Monday 9 December 2013

Vampire Purple

Fall makeup trends are fairly consistent each year. Without a doubt my favourite this year has been the surge of this wine-red colour that has been seen everywhere on the beauty stands in everything from lipsticks to eye shadows to nail polishes. I call it 'vampire purple', though it is more of a red, because of its beautiful combination of both warm and cool undertones that show up beautifully in the colour. This particular red makes me feel especially festive this time of year for it's colour matches the standard red baubles that are everywhere in December.

This colour on the lips is an obvious autumn/winter must and one of my most recent discoveries is this Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the colour 'Damned'. I don't own a huge amount of makeup from Nars, for no particular reason, but the products I do have, I have absolutely loved! This lip colour is absolutely gorgeous for the colder months and works really well with my brown eyes and hair. I was equally impressed with its staying power as it stays on my lips for hours! I would however recommending using some sort of lip balm before applying this product to the lips as I think without it, my lips end up feeling a bit dry and in need of an extra lift. All in all, I am extremely happy with this product and I'd like to thank the wonderful friend that recommended it to me! 


The next vampire purple product I wanted to talk about was this No.7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in 'Damson Dream'. Though this product isn't the best for its staying power and is prone to chipping, it is exactly the colour I am talking about! It has a beautiful wine colour with a lovely, subtle shimmer and it is definitely a colour I will be using a lot in the next few months. I really love this colour though it is a bit of a shame it lacks as a nail polish.


For eyeshadow, I have recently rediscovered an old palette of mine from the MAC Wonder Woman Collection. I loved this collection and this particular palette is the 'Defiance' eye shadow palette, particularly the colours 'Star Studded' and 'Real Drama'. Though 'Star Studded' is more of a pink than a wine colour, when matched with 'Real Drama' it creates a really buildable plum coloured eye look. Though both these shadows are quite sheer, I was very happy with the eye shadows because they can be used for both an everyday eye and a more dramatic look. I don't think either of these are still available but similarly MAC's eyeshadows in 'Sketch' and 'Da Bling' would work just the same.


Please let me know if you've found any 'vampire purple' coloured products that you've liked using and I'll be sure to check them out.
Frankie x

Instagram//Pinterest - frankieshalom
Tumblr - http://www.no-admittance.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment