Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

Review: Stila in the Garden Eyeshadow Palette

Being a complete makeup junkie, I am ALWAYS open to trying new brands and products. I noticed this palette after having my makeup done at Stila when it first opened in Harvey Nichols in Manchester. I really like this palette and I think it would be perfect for a makeup beginner as the colours are very versatile and can be used to create a wide range of looks, for day and night. When I started out doing my makeup, I found it difficult to put colours together and tended to stay within a more neutral colour palette, I wish I'd had this palette earlier as it comes with a step by step booklet, perfect for learning how to create looks from only a few colours. The colours in the palette are easily blendable, with a smooth application, however the pigment in some of the lighter colours are not as strong.

       

       
The colours (from left to right) include - chinois, breeze, bark, freesia, rosette, nectar, honey, sage, moss and juniper. I love the range of colours and I love using the two matte colours (chinois and nectar) as an all over base and to highlight my brow bone. I'm not a fan of highlighting my brows with shimmer as I don't think it looks natural so these are perfect for me. The palette also comes with a waterproof smudge stick in the colour 'starfish'. This eyeliner is great for a smokey look without looking too dark as it is a dark mossy colour as opposed to black.

                               

My Favourite Looks from this Palette (Neutral Day to Night look)

- Apply chinois all over the eye as a base for the other colours (this will help the other shadows look truer to colour).
- Using a flat shader brush pat 'breeze' all over the lid, focusing on the inner corner and middle of the lid.
- Using a fluffy blending brush, blend 'bark' into the crease and up to the brow bone.
- To deepen the look apply 'moss' into the outer corner of the eye. 
- Apply the 'starfish' liner under the bottom lash and blend out with a pencil brush.
- Apply a volumising mascara and you're good to go!

I am really excited to try out more Stila products as I have really enjoyed this palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment