Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2013

My Everyday Makeup/What's in my Makeup Bag?

During the week I don't wear any makeup as I like to keep my skin clean and allow it to breath, but when I do wear makeup, this is what I like to apply. My makeup bag is from Henri Bendel.


I like to keep my daytime makeup natural looking and dewy and to achieve this I like to start by using the photo finish primer from Smashbox. I like to use oil free primers to prevent my skin from becoming clogged and dirty.


Because I like to keep my skin looking dewy I tend to gravitate more towards BB creams and tinted moisturizers. The one I like to use is from Two Faced in the colour 'Vanilla Glow'. On the days when I need a little more coverage I use Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in the colour 'Santa Fe'. I like to apply both of these with a beauty blender to avoid streakiness and achieve a natural finish.




I tend to avoid powder formulations for my foundation as I think it has a tendency to make my skin look cakey and unnatural. If I do need a mattifying powder, I like to apply a foundation from Sephora with a kabuki brush.


After applying a base I like to contour my cheekbones, temples, chin and neck with Benefit's Hoola Bronzer using a contour brush from MAC. This is my favourite bronzer as it is a perfect colour for my skin tone and has no shimmer so is perfect for natural definition.


I tend to gravitate more towards cream blushes, especially in the winter time, as I think it is easier to create a more natural glow. My two favourites are Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in the colour 'Blushed Rose' and 'Zygomatic' from Illamasqua, both of which I like to apply with a MAC duo-fibre stippling brush.





If I don't apply anything else, I always like to fill in my brows. I think that defined brows frame the face really well and make the whole face look put together. To fill mine in I use a palette from Anastasia in the colour Brunette, using an angled brush and apply Maybelline's Clear Mascara to set my brows and hold any stray hairs in place. To highlight my brow bone and make the brows even more defined I use the matte highlight in the palette with a tapered blending brush from MAC.


I generally keep my eyes pretty simple so I usually just apply Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Cream Shadow in the colour 'Velvet Plum' along my top lash line use Covergirl's Clump Crusher on my top and bottom lashes.



To finish off my makeup I have two different lip colours I like to alternate between MAC's 'Morange' and 'Lady Bug'. On the days I want a more natural look I like to use the Body Shop's Lip Stain, which I love because it gives a very vibrant red whilst maintaining a natural finish.





No comments:

Post a Comment