Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

My Obsession with Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung has always been an inspiration of mine, her free spirited attitude to life and of course her unbelievable sense of style are two of many things I constantly attempt to emulate. Her ability to mix girly preppiness with East End 90s grunge is something I am in complete awe of and I find her style extremely inspiring. Whether she is on the red carpet or wandering the streets of London, Alexa always seems to give off an air of effortlessness which is why, I think, her style works so well.



This all-black ensemble is one of my favourites as I'm always one for all-black but I think this outfit is particularly interesting with it's varied textures on each of the different pieces.


I love the aesthetics and textures featured in this look. I think the worn tshirt perfectly dresses down an otherwise flashy skirt. The pinned back hair, simple jewelry and natural makeup complete this laid back, low maintenance look.


I love Alexa's ability to make simple, staple pieces into trendy, fashionable looks. Just by wearing a printed band-tee and worn denim shorts paired with ballet flats, she has managed to create an effortlessly edgy outfit.

Alexa's school girl preppiness is one of my favourites. By layering on a few necklaces and adding a chic blazer to a very simple white tee and skirt, she creates a very easy look. I really love the leather messenger Alexa is holding in this picture as I think it adds the perfect touch of vintage to the whole outfit.


Alexa's makeup is the perfect touch to her edgy-feminine style. Her simple, signature winged out eyeliner paired with natural glowing skin is perfect for any look.


The mascara, red lip duo seen in this picture is trademark Alexa and in her words "a red lip is perfect to detract from heavy eyebags".






I highly recommend having a look at Alexa's book "IT" as it features the fashionable beauty talking about the people she draws inspiration from whilst giving the reader a flavour for her amusing, eclectic personality. 


No comments:

Post a Comment