Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Autumnal Red Lips

Autumn is my favourite time of year, for a number of reasons, one being the new beauty trends seen in recent fashion shows. A statement autumn trend, that is a trend almost every year, is the dark berry-red lip. The signature red lip has been featured all over New York and London fashion week, some of my particular favourites were seen at Missoni and Prada.





The look that really caught my eye was the one seen at the Christian Dior shows at fashion week. I love the pairing of a bedazzled, crimson lip with an exaggerated cat-eye. The models' short hair gave the face a much harsher look but with a softer haircut, this could become much more wearable. The dramatic look was perfect for the couture shows but, by toning down the bedazzled lip, would be easily incorporated into an everyday makeup look.




I will definitely be taking full advantage of this trend every year as I am not usually one for a paler lip and I think a red lip adds an extra element of glamour to any look. For an everyday look I prefer a sheerer, more build-able lip colour like MAC's "lady bug". This lipstick is great paired with a bold brow and a volumising mascara for a gorgeous, everyday look. For a more dramatic look, a matte lip colour is perfect, especially ones with cooler undertones which gives it the berry colour that is so popular in the autumn time. One of my favourites is MAC's Viva Glam 1. 


Viva Glam 1 (left), Lady Bug (right)



No comments:

Post a Comment